CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 11, 2008

Homemade Ravioli/Sorrentinos

I thought that Homemade Ravioli was something I would never try making. I woke up Monday Morning with Ravioli in my head, so I looked up the recipe and made it. It took a while, but using my food processer made it easy. The tough part was rolling out the dough. I´m thinking about getting a manual dough roller for next time...

Dough:
3 cups of flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup water
1 tbs salt

Put the flour and salt in the food processer, add the water and the eggs one at a time. Kneed the dough for about ten minutes. Wrap the dough in film or a plastic bag and refridgerate for about 30 min.

Chicken Filling:
Boiled chicken breast
oregano
rosemary
salt
pepper
chilli flakes

Process al ingredients together. Let it cool.

After the dough and filling have been chilled, roll out the dough into rectangles(they should look like lasagna stips). Drop about 1 teaspoon of filling about 1 1/2 inches apart all along the strips of dough.
When the strip of dough is dotted with filling mixture, cover the filling with other strip of dough. Using your fingers, gently press dough between each dab of filling to seal it. It should look like this:












Place a cup around each ravioli, press real hard to be able to cut them out, or use a ravioli cutter. Drop them in Rapidly boiling water for about three minutes, drain. Cover with sauce and cheese.

1 comments:

Brenda said...

I can't believe you did that from scratch!! Superwoman!