CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My Birthday!!

Today is my 21st Birthday!! It is also teachers day today. I won´t be doing anything special beacuse almost all my friends have Labor Day(which is tomorrow) Dinner parties tonight.

I am happy but at the same time sad because I am so far away from my family. I also miss my father. He would always call me first thing in the morning on my birthdays and tell me the story of when I was born.

I received many text messages on my phone today from friends. It´s not very important here in Paraguay to give gifts on someone´s Birthday, but it is important to at least say Happy Birthday. I also recieved a beautiful breakfast basket(pictured below) this morning at home! It contained: ham and cheese sandwiches, hot coffee, cookies, candy, chocolate and balloons. My mother who lives in the states bought it online from a Paraguyan website. Isn´t it great how far the internet and a credit card can go?

3 comments:

Brenda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANCY!!! So sorry we could not be there with you to celebrate. Hope you all had a great time!

Rita Loca said...

Happy Birthday! I have been traveling so sorry to say it late.
By the way, I would love to know that website so that I might be able to send things to my kids!!

Nancy said...

Thanks to both of ya! and thank you for reading my blog, it makes me feel special!
The site is:
www.magalicanastas.com.py ( I like this one a lot more!)
or
www.villandryflores.com.py