CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Milanesa


(No, I did not make this one)


Meat (preferably sirloin or tenderloin)chicken breast or pork tenderloin
cloves of garlic (minced)
cumin
salt
lemon-pepper
flour bread crumbs (seasoned if prefered)
eggs
1 tbsp of milk for each egg
oil for deep frying

Place each slice of beef between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap or in a plastic bag; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Rub each piece of steak on both sides with garlic,cumin salt,lemon-pepper.

Prepare 3 shallow baking dishes. Put flour in one, beaten eggs(with milk) in another and breadcrumbs in the third. Start with moderate amounts; you can always add more as needed.

Dip a slice of beef in the egg mixture. Coat evenly and completely. Next dip the beef in flour, pat it so that it will coat evenly. Gently shake off excess flour. Again dip in the egg mixture and then the bread crumbs, pat again. Shake off excess. Try not to handle the meat too much. If there are uncovered spots on the slice of beef round, sprinkle bread crumbs on the area and gently pat it down. Repeat with the remaining slices of beef.
Heat the oil in a frying pan. Enough oil for th meat to swim in it. The oil should be very hot.
Fry each slice of beef on each side for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. If the oil gets to dirty then you should strain it and continue.
You can serve this with either potatoe salad, green salad, french fries or the typical arroz quesu.


Arroz Quesu (cheese Rice, Risotto)
1 cup of rice
2 cups of water
1/4 cup milk
Mozzarella or Queso Paraguay
1 tbsp grated cheese
a pinch of nutmeg
salt
pepper

Cook the rice with the two cups of water in a pot. When it is cooked, drain out the water. Add the milk, cheeses and the rest of the ingredients. Serve hot!

3 comments:

Rita Loca said...

Wonderful recipe and the foto makes my mouth water!
When I first moved to Mexico and was learning Spanish, my husband ordered this and I would not try it. I thought it was fried in Mayonesa:) (Milanesa)

Brenda said...

you are making me hungry! when are you inviting me over??? ;)

Mrs. Castro said...

Hey Nancy, this might seem sort of random, but I came across your blog. My name is Laura and I live in Argentina but I'm originally from Chicago. I saw your profile and I just thought it would be nice to "meet" you. my email is: lschmitzy@gmail.com. Anyways, your recipes look great...I wish (and I'm sure my husband does as well) my cooking turned out so pretty as yours. :)
God bless.